Keeping your community safe is the core mission of every police officer. But that mission has many facets, and it can be challenging to address all of them simultaneously. Protecting your streets, where countless lives are at stake, is a critical aspect of community safety that should never be put on the back burner.
What are Safe Roads?
Safe roads should address the needs of everyone who uses them, including pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and passengers. And while you can’t be everywhere at once to enforce safe driving, it’s crucial to choose innovative solutions that can make a tangible impact on your city’s safety.
Here are 5 reasons your streets need better protection and what you can do to help make that happen:
- The World is in the Midst of a Speeding Epidemic: Speeding remains a significant challenge on our roads, with millions of people suffering as aconsequence every year. The World Health Organization (WHO) reports between 20-50 million injuries every year and 1.3 million lives tragically cut short because of traffic collisions. In addition, car crashes are the leading cause of death for children and young adults between 5 and 29 years old.
Solutions like interactive radar signs and speed cameras effectively slow down drivers and help prevent deadly crashes. They offer concrete ways to proactively address the speeding epidemic in your community, reducing the risk of collisions and saving lives.
2. Pedestrians on Your Streets are at Risk: Pedestrians are vulnerable road users. If a vehicle hits a
pedestrian, they have none of the protection that a vehicle offers its passengers, making the likelihood of serious injury or death far greater. And everyone is a pedestrian at some point every day, even if they are simply walking to their vehicle.
Solutions like elevated crosswalks, dedicated walking or biking lanes, and radar signs in high pedestrian areas are all ways to prioritize pedestrian well-being. Creating a safer environment for pedestrians makes your streets more user-friendly for everyone and reduces the likelihood of traffic collisions.
3. Your Community Needs Customized Solutions: Every community has its own unique traffic safety challenges. No two cities or their needs are alike. Whether you have high risk intersections, curving roads that encourage speeding, school zones with a high proliferation of children walking, or an aging population with elderly residents, your unique needs are unlike any other cities’.
At Traffic Logix, we understand that each community is distinctive and that no one speed reduction solution fits all speeding challenges. That’s why we offer customizable solutions tailored to your specific needs and challenges. It’s also why we offer a wider variety of ways to solve speeding than any other company in the world. And if you’re unsure what your needs are, we even offer traffic data technology to help you assess the challenges your city needs to address.
4. There are More Ways to Keep Your Roads Safe: Every city needs a strategic plan to keep their roads safe. But with the advent of new technologies, you may not be aware of the many ways you can protect your roads. Police professionals have busy schedules and myriad tasks, and traffic enforcement, while critical, shouldn’t take up so much time.
Solutions like interactive radar signs, speed cameras, and recycled speed humps offer new ways to slow cars and free up police time, ensuring that reaching your road safety goals doesn’t get in the way of reaching the many other goals your police department strives for.
5. You Need Data on Your Side: It may seem like it makes sense to put up some speed trailers and simply wait for results. But without knowing what issues you’re facing, it’s hard to solve those issues and make them go away. That’s why all of our ITS solutions offer advanced analytics and cloud-based platforms. We give you the data you need to monitor traffic patterns, identify problematic areas, allocate resources effectively, and ensure that the tools you’re using to make a difference are actually making a difference in real time.
Your residents deserve better protection and you’re there to keep them safe. We’re here to help you make that safety a reality, using less of your time to get more done and helping to save lives on your streets every day.